Buildertrend University Terms of Service
Last updated: March 2020
These terms and conditions for event registration and attendance (the “BTU Terms”) are binding without qualification or exception, on all persons that register or for whom are registered (collectively, the “Registrant”), to attend a session of Buildertrend University (“BTU”) presented by Buildertrend Solutions, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, specifically DH-2, LLC, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Buildertrend”). By registering for BTU as set out below, each Registrant hereby agrees (1) to be bound by and shall be deemed to have accepted these BTU Terms, which the Registrant acknowledges to have read and understood and (2) that he/she has obtained the consent of his/her employer, to the extent his/her employer may so require, prior to registering for the Event and becoming bound by these BTU Terms. If the Registrant is not authorized or does not agree to any of these BTU Terms, the Registrant may not enter, view, or make use of this website for BTU (the “Website”) or register for or otherwise attend, BTU.
1. Payment Information & Terms
Upon submission of the registration form, full payment of the BTU registration fee will be charged to my credit card on file with Buildertrend. Those Registrants who have not submitted full payment prior to their arrival at BTU will be charged the onsite rate and be required to submit full payment onsite prior to gaining access or entry to BTU. Orders placed on behalf of multiple attendees for group registrations must be current on all group registration fees in order that any member of the group may gain access or entry to BTU.
2. Registrant Cancellation and Reschedule
2.1 Substitution: Registrant may substitute a different attendee without charge up to 24 hours prior to the start of the class. To substitute attendees, Registrant must send a notification of the substitution to BTU@buildertrend.com.
2.2 Cancellation: To receive a refund on registration fees, Registrant must submit a request to cancel within seven (7) calendar days of the date of sign up. To cancel, a Registrant should submit an email request to BTU@buildertrend.com with “Cancellation” in the subject line. Any cancellations received after seven (7) calendar days of sign up will not receive a refund or credit.
2.3 Reschedule: Registrant may reschedule to a different BTU session up to 24 hours prior to the class start by emailing BTU@buildertrend.com with “Reschedule” in the subject line. All previously paid registration fees will be applied to the new BTU session. Registrant will be responsible for any additional registration fees for reschedule. Registrant may only reschedule to a different BTU session one time.
3. Cancellation by Buildertrend
Buildertrend reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment by providing notice to customer at least seven (7) calendar days prior to schedule commencement date. In the event of cancellation by Buildertrend, Registrant may elect receive a full refund of registration fees paid or credit toward alternative class(es). Buildertrend will not be responsible for non-refundable travel tickets purchased or reservations made by Registrant. If a training class is canceled by Buildertrend due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control (e.g., weather, natural disaster), the Registrant is entitled to a full BTU credit which must be used within six (6) months of the date of the original class for another class offered by Buildertrend.
4. Admittance and Attendance Guidelines
The following obligations apply to all Registrants:
- Each Registrant must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
- A valid photo ID (either a government issued identification or driver’s license card or a passport) will be required upon arrival at BTU;
- Buildertrend reserves the right to deny admittance to BTU to anyone who has registered under false or erroneous pretenses (e.g., using another attendee’s name, individuals who are underaged, etc.) and to retain any BTU registration fees previously submitted for such registrations;
- Buildertrend reserves the right to refuse or revoke BTU registration and admission to any individual, at its sole discretion
- Smoking is not permitted within BTU premises;
- Possession or use of illegal or controlled substances, or possession or use of firearms or other deadly weapons is strictly prohibited; and
- Anyone who is removed from BTU for any reason may be arrested and subjected to both criminal charges and a civil lawsuit.
5. Code of Conduct
Buildertrend is dedicated to providing a harassment free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of our community in any form. Sexual or discriminatory language and imagery is not appropriate for any venue, including personal space, presentations, workshops, parties, Twitter, and other online media. Community participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from our events or venues at the discretion of the staff and without a refund. Please bring any concerns to the immediate attention of our team.
Buildertrend reserves the right to (a) limit, restrict or prohibit audio or video recordings and/or transmissions of BTU or any portion thereof, or the taking of photographs during the BTU, and (b) remove anyone conducting unauthorized recordings or photography. Any person who conducts unauthorized recordings or photography after being notified by Buildertrend that such recordings or photography are so limited, restricted, or prohibited hereby (v) transfers ownership of any and all unauthorized recordings of BTU (i.e., tape, CD, or such other medium) to Buildertrend or its assigns, (x) agrees, upon request, to give possession of all copies of any such unauthorized recordings to Buildertrend before leaving the BTU premises, (y) authorizes use of any such unauthorized recordings of BTU (tape, CD, or such other medium) by Buildertrend and/or its assigns for any purpose, and (z) represents that any attendees and other individuals that appear in such photos and videos have also consented to such use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Buildertrend, its sponsors and vendors, and other third parties may from time to time take photos and videos at BTU, which Buildertrend may later use in any format or medium for its promotional purposes, or which may otherwise be used, published or posted by a third party, including without limitation, via online posting on a third party or Buildertrend website. By participating or attending BTU, each Registrant agrees that he or she may appear in these photos and videos, and authorizes, and agrees to hold BTU harmless from, their use in this fashion. The views expressed by any conference attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are not necessarily those of Buildertrend or its affiliates. All conference attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of any and all individual or corporation presentations, marketing collateral, advertising, and online web content.
Buildertrend warrants that its personnel are suitably qualified and experienced to present, train, and teach at BTU. Except as expressly represented otherwise, and to the extent not prohibited by law, all workshops, presentations, and information provided at BTU, including any documentation, publications, software programs or code, and other information provided by or on behalf of Buildertrend or its suppliers to Registrant is furnished on an “AS-IS” basis, without warranty of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise especially as to quality, reliability, timeliness, usefulness, sufficiency, accuracy, or results. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED BY BUILDERTREND AND ITS SUPPLIERS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY BUILDERTREND SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY UNLESS INCORPORATED INTO THESE TERMS.
8. Limitations of Liability
In consideration for being permitted to attend and participate in BTU, Registrant, for himself/herself and his/her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby accepts any and all risks associated with and/or in any way related to BTU, known and unknown, and agrees to be solely responsible for Registrant’s own safety and to take every precaution to provide for Registrant’s own safety and well-being while attending and/or participating in BTU.
In further consideration of being permitted to attend and participate:
- REGISTRANT HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Buildertrend or its respective members, managers, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by Registrant, or to any property belonging to Registrant, whether caused by the negligence of Released Parties, or any other person while Registrant is in, on or about the Buildertrend premises located at 11818 I Street, Omaha, NE (the “Facility”) and/or attending BTU.
- REGISTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties, and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur as a result of Registrant’s presence in, on or about the Facility or Registrant’s attendance at BTU, and that in the event that any claim is made against any of the Released Parties, Registrant will defend and fully indemnify the Released Parties for any such claim and all expenses related thereto, including attorney’s fees and costs.
- REGISTRANT HEREBY ASSUMES FULL AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of any Released Parties or otherwise while Registrant is in, on or about the Facility and/or attending BTU.
10. Choice of Law and Venue
The laws of the State of Nebraska, in the United States, will govern these BTU Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between Registrant and Buildertrend (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN DOUGLAS COUNTY, NEBRASKA.